Diverse Not Divided
It all started when...
The recent presidential election drew the nation’s attention to the delta between the citizens of the United States. Distrust, misinformation, hate-speech, and social media platforms creating silos and echo chambers created one of the most divisive elections – if not the most divisive- in the history of our country. The outcome is one we’re all aware of: a nation regressing, to the detriment of most of her citizens. To respond, we formed the Diverse Not Divided committee.
We have a two-pronged approach to communicating across differences:
1. Deep dive into practicing interpersonal communication techniques, which build on Parker Palmer’s Circles of Trust approach, to facilitate long term change in how we communicate with each other.
2. Broad reach through counter-cultural educational campaigns and providing venues for diverse women’s voices to be nurtured and heard.
Diverse Not Divided is committed to:
1. Crossing opinion lines to promote productive communication based on common ground.
We do this through:
- Compassionate listening.
- Helping others find their voice and speak to their core values.
- Compassionate speaking.
2. Strategic communication to promote feminist goals.
- Understanding and listening, so that we can respond.
- Telling our stories in an many public mediums as possible.
- Visually engaging outreach and education materials